Our Fall meeting will provide important information on the future of governance in North Carolina and beyond
- Lisa Graves, the Executive Director of the Center for Media and Democracy will be coming from Wisconsin to share her deep knowledge of the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) and how it has influenced legislation in North Carolina.
- Justice Robert Orr will lead us in a discussion after we view the Bill Moyer’s documentary, “A State of Conflict,” that focuses on the influence of money in North Carolina political campaigns.
- Representatives Jon Hardister and Rosa Gill discuss the bi-partisan redistricting bill that will provide a more non-partisan approach to the redistricting process. There will be plenty of time for discussion as we move through the morning.
Their presentations will be Saturday, Nov. 15, at the NCSU University Club. Members are encouraged to bring guests to the event and to the networking reception Friday evening, Nov. 14.
- If you aren’t a member, but would like to attend, please contact us.
- Additional information on registration and the agenda for members.